Disclaimer: This page is only to review the album, If you like it click on the above picture to buy it or HERE
Nothing Is Stopping You
10 2 10
You Don’t Know
Beware ft lil-wayne and jhene-aiko
First Chain ft Nas, Kid Cudi
Sierra Leone (Greedy Hoes)
Its Time ft Jeezy and Payroll
World Ablaze ft James Fauntleroy
Ashley ft Miguel
All Figured Out
Switch Up ft Common
- Listen: Lil Wayne-Dedication 5 @lilwayne @ymcmb @atlgravity (theatljukebox.com)
- @BigSean’s #HOF & @TheRealJuicyJ #StayTrippy (dopehiphoppromo.wordpress.com)
- First Look: Big Sean – Hall Of Fame [@bigsean] (dayandadream.com)
- Video: Big Sean brings out Earlly Mac to perform Mula remix @BigSean @EarllyMac (getmybuzzup.com)
- Big Sean ft. Lil Wayne & Jhené Aiko – “Beware” [VIDEO] (hiphopwired.com)
“Champion” – The latest release from Local-Mu12 (Stryfe & Broadway Barrett) featuring Skyzoo, has all the makings of an anthem. From the theatrical beat, provided by Real McKoy, to the boastful lyrics and energetic delivery, “Champion” is undoubtedly exactly what winning sounds like. Local-Mu12 will be dropping their debut album LABOR DAY on 9/3/13
What would happen if, along the quest for their dreams, a collective of like-minded independent Hip-Hop musicians joined forces in an effort to push their careers along while retaining their individual identities and career aspirations? This may not sound like such a foreign concept, but what we’re talking about here isn’t your average rap crew. LOCAL-Mu12 is much more than that. It is a brotherhood forged on the foundation of the mutual understanding that the music can’t get right until the business is.
The collective came together in early 2012 when artist/producer/engineer William Fokis Heredia recruited a group of young, talented emcees and producers from around the country who he had worked with in the past. He knew that this group of nine (including himself), that shared the undeniable talent, dedication and passion necessary for success in the music business. His idea was to pool their resources and begin operating like a union: a professional organization constantly seeking ways to help each member of the collective move forward. Today, LOCAL-Mu12 stands together as exactly what Fokis had envisioned, with each of its 9 members having grown artistically and professionally, their sounds each being molded by the group’s multicultural, cross-regional makeup; and their careers having been boosted by gaining access to tools, industry professionals and collaborators they might not have had access to, had they not been together. Now, LOCAL-Mu12 is ready to show the world just what the strength in their numbers sounds like. On September 3rd, the collective will release its first full length project, the aptly titled Labor Day. Featuring all in-house production and only three guest appearances – New York emcees Torae & Skyzoo, and Chicago’s GLC – the project is a total representation of exactly what LOCAL-Mu12 stands for. Theirs is that Blue Collar rap. It’s the working man’s Hip-Hop: relate-able both in its realness in documenting the harshness of life, and its levity in celebrating the joys. Currently Local-Mu12 consists of: Stryfe (Detroit), TJ (California), MoodsandVibrations (MD), Real McKoy (NC), RP (NY), The 17th (CT), Broadway Barrett (NY), Son-Ray (NY) and Fokis (NY). With new members being added you can be sure to expect to hear a lot more from Local-Mu12 in the very near future.
- Local-Mu12 Ft. Skyzoo – Champion (asweproceedsd.com)
- Check Them Out: MdotforMayor – The Pie ft Mibbs & Add-2 @ModelsSuckAlbum @mibbsOE @ADD2theMC @MdotforMayor #ModelsSuck@atlgravity (theatljukebox.com)
- New Artist of the Week – Skyzoo (welovefun.wordpress.com)
- TWITTER-VIEW: Skyzoo – He Woke Up To Find He Was Better Than Jay Z (thepoetryquestion.com)
- New Music: Skyzoo ‘Counting Until It Hurts’ (Money Talks Freestyle) @skyzoo (getmybuzzup.com)
- Skyzoo – Rap Like Me (welovefun.wordpress.com)
- Talib Kweli, Buckshot, Skyzoo, Joey Bada$ & more #Cypher @DJEvilDee (trickstasworld.com)
Detroit hip hop producer Lord Jessiah (Black 7 Productions) has been hard at work developing the brand of Black 7 Productions along with Sun Tzu Cadre crafting his unique blend of soulful beats with hard core socially conscious hip-hop.
Having initially establishing himself within the production team of the Michigan based group and Wu-Affiliates Dezert Eez, Lord Jessiah is now poised to release his first full length studio album entitled “Grounds Of Detroit” (G.O.D.) March 2013.
Lord Jessiah boldly warns that this project is the opposite of current contemporary hip-hop that has taken over the airwaves, and promises to deliver the cutting edge hard core fundamental hip-hop that has been missing for over a decade.
The “Grounds Of Detroit” (G.O.D.) album presents a collage of their hometown (Detroit) which is illustrated through rugged beats and aggressive lyrics.
• Black 7 Productions
• Ant Live
(Known for his production of the track Yolanda’s House on Wu Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah‘s album Big Doe Rehab released in 2007 via Def Jam/Universal.)
The album embodies the desolate infrastructure of Detroit’s inner city while providing the glimmer of hope and light from its citizens who strive for a better tomorrow. Though the G.O.D. project is one that has a nostalgic feel that can bring the listener back into the “Golden Era” of hip hop it also maintains a modern essence that allows it to fit in with the current musical climate.
*Official Black 7 Productions Website: black7pro.com
*Link to Album: black7productions.bandcamp.com
Facebook Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-7-Productions/195533190464532?ref=hl
- Almighty (Canibus, Bronze Nazareth & Cap (theatljukebox.com)
- Doughboyz Cashout Inspire a New Detroit Sound (allhiphop.com)
- New Video “Behind The Mic” from German producer iGadget for Edo G & Stereo Boyz – (pittsburghmusicmagazine.com)
- New Book Details Collecting Hip-Hop History (allhiphop.com)
- Detroit billboards for election have wrong date (wjla.com)
- Brian Day ‘Planet Detroit’ (english.mashkulture.net)
- Video: ASAP Ferg Talks to Damon Campbell About ‘Trap Lord’ @aaronklisman @MuziksMyLife (getmybuzzup.com)
Having done everything from modeling, dancing, acting, singing, and more; it was evident at an early age that this young lady had the potential for optimal success. She has always had a niche for the world of entertainment and by the age of fourteen; she put her dreams into motion. Shahidah attended Mannequin Modeling Agency and then enrolled in acting classes at John Casablancas. She then created a profile with One Source Talent and started going to her first auditions. With One Source Talent, she gained appearances in the movie “Detroit Hoopz,” and the music videos “Get Ya Paper,” by the Fat Killahz feat. Proof from D12; as well as “Body Rock,” by Tiffany Queen. Additionally; she was featured in “I Done it All,” by V12 Mobb feat. Young Buck. All the while, Shahidah broadened her skills in dancing by taking classes at Wayne State University in ballet and African dance. Furthermore; she has appeared in various fashion shows and worked in a couple feature films. She was a college student in “The 5 Year Engagement,” and a club patron in “Sparkle.” Shahidah enhanced her skills as an actress with veteran actor and producer John Forman (Detroit Performance Workshop). Recently; she signed with the I Group talent agency as well as the Varsity Music Group. She is currently working on her EP; which will feature the hot new singles “Turn You On,” I’d Rather be Alone,” and “So Hood.” She is extremely driven, devoted, and focused on taking her career to the next level. It’s inevitable that this highly motivated, sexy, confident young woman will take her career to the limit and beyond!
- John Casablancas, the Modeling Agent Who Launched the Supermodels, Dies at 70 (fashionista.com)
- John Casablancas Dead: Elite Models’ Founder Dies At 70 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wayne State Breaks Ground On Advanced Technology Education Center In Warren (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Autos Troubles, Race At Root Of Detroit Collapse (npr.org)