Detroit hip hop producer Lord Jessiah (Black 7 Productions) has been hard at work developing the brand of Black 7 Productions along with Sun Tzu Cadre crafting his unique blend of soulful beats with hard core socially conscious hip-hop.
Having initially establishing himself within the production team of the Michigan based group and Wu-Affiliates Dezert Eez, Lord Jessiah is now poised to release his first full length studio album entitled “Grounds Of Detroit” (G.O.D.) March 2013.
Lord Jessiah boldly warns that this project is the opposite of current contemporary hip-hop that has taken over the airwaves, and promises to deliver the cutting edge hard core fundamental hip-hop that has been missing for over a decade.
The “Grounds Of Detroit” (G.O.D.) album presents a collage of their hometown (Detroit) which is illustrated through rugged beats and aggressive lyrics.
• Black 7 Productions
• Ant Live
(Known for his production of the track Yolanda’s House on Wu Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah‘s album Big Doe Rehab released in 2007 via Def Jam/Universal.)
The album embodies the desolate infrastructure of Detroit’s inner city while providing the glimmer of hope and light from its citizens who strive for a better tomorrow. Though the G.O.D. project is one that has a nostalgic feel that can bring the listener back into the “Golden Era” of hip hop it also maintains a modern essence that allows it to fit in with the current musical climate.
*Official Black 7 Productions Website: black7pro.com
- Almighty (Canibus, Bronze Nazareth & Cap (theatljukebox.com)
- Doughboyz Cashout Inspire a New Detroit Sound (allhiphop.com)
- New Video “Behind The Mic” from German producer iGadget for Edo G & Stereo Boyz – (pittsburghmusicmagazine.com)
- New Book Details Collecting Hip-Hop History (allhiphop.com)
- Detroit billboards for election have wrong date (wjla.com)
- Brian Day ‘Planet Detroit’ (english.mashkulture.net)
- Video: ASAP Ferg Talks to Damon Campbell About ‘Trap Lord’ @aaronklisman @MuziksMyLife (getmybuzzup.com)